I am a computer science PhD student at Aston University, UK, under the supervision of Dr. George Vogiatzis. My research interests include computer vision and machine learning applied to large-scale image and video retrieval. I received a degree in telecommunication engineering from Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya, Spain, in 2012. As a final degree project, I developed a system to estimate the heart rate of a user from a facial video at Gradiant. Before coming to Aston, I worked for 2 years at G@TV group in Universidad Politecnica de Madrid, Spain.
- Jul. 2018: Our paper "Asymmetric Spatio-Temporal Embeddings for Large-Scale Image-to-Video Retrieval" has been accepted at BMCV 2018.
- Apr. 2018: Our paper "Temporal Aggregation of Visual Features for Large-Scale Image-to-Video Retrieval" has been accepted at ACM ICMR 2018 Doctoral Symposium.
- Sep. 2017: Our paper "Learning Visual Similarity for Image Retrieval" has been uploaded to ArXiv.
- Aug. 2017: Our paper "Dress like a Star: Retrieving Fashion Products from Videos" has been accepted as an oral at ICCV 2017 workshop Computer Vision for Fashion.
- Jul. 2017: The poster "Learning Visual Similarity for Image Retrieval" has been presented at ICVSS 2017.
- Dec. 2016: Astonish Health idea has been shortlisted for the development phase at Atos IT Challenge 2017.
- Sep. 2016: Our paper on "Exploiting Redundancy in Binary Features for Image Retrieval in Large-Scale Video Collections" has been accepted as a short paper at CVMP 2016.